Monday, October 29, 2012

Blogger’s Quilt Festival

Today I am posting my entry into the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side.

My entry is my Spiderweb 2 quilt. 

This is a 96" X 108" quilt made using all black & white fabrics with the exception of the binding. I threw in a little pop of color on the binding. 

Here's a picture before the quilting...


I originally made this quilt as a commission but when the intended buyer did not take the quilt, it went to live on my bed. It looks great there and I am happy that things worked out that way in the end. 


Blogger’s Quilt Festival Stats
Finished quilt measures : 96″x 108″
Special techniques used : foundation piecing
Quilted by : me, Tonya Jespersen on my home domestic sewing machine
Best Category : Two Color Quilts, Best Bed Quilt, Best Home Machine Quilted Quilt
Thanks for considering my entry. 

Tonya 

19 comments:

  1. I've made 2 spider web quilts, and I know how much work goes into them. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! This was my second black & white spiderweb. The first one took 4 months & this one took 6 weeks. I love them!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's a beautiful quilt. I bought some fabrics to make a black/white quilt.
    May be soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Malini! I think black & white turns out so stunning. Go for it!

      Delete
  3. It's gorgeous! Really interesting colour decision - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this quilt is ginormous!! Stunning B&W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the largest quilt that I have quilted on my domestic sewing machine. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I wish I had so many B&W scraps. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if it helps...neither do I, anymore! LOL
      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love this in black and white! I never would have thought to use that color combo on this pattern, and it is just wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I have seen them everywhere in every sort of color scheme but the minute I saw the spiderweb I immediately thought of black & white. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. This looks fabulous in black and white, great quilt

    ReplyDelete